The practice of Ashtanga that’s getting mainstream attention today is a dynamic, fast-paced series of sequential postures practiced by yoga master K. Pattabhi Jois. Each pose is linked to the next through a series of connecting movements called vinyasa, allowing the body to create heat and leading to more flexibility. Smooth, deep breathing (ujjayi) is synchronized with the movements. This powerful and vigorous practice purifies and realigns the body, cultivating a feeling of inner peace, and leading to a natural state of meditation.
- Increases blood circulation
- Helps purify internal organs
- Removes toxins from the body through sweat glands
- Decreases blood sugar levels
- Strengthens the cardiovascular system
- Enhanced functioning of nervous system